Thursday, March 8, 2012

Me and Mr. Rumbold


Several years ago, Nicholas Smith, aka Cuthbert Rumbold of Are You Being Served? fame, visited Mississippi ETV. Thinking there must be hundreds of other loyal (some might say rabid) AYBS fans no doubt as eager as I was to get there, I went very early to the event. When I arrived, I was the only person there besides the ETV staff and Mr. Rumbold. To my delight, we spent about half an hour talking one on one. Interestingly, he and the other cast members didn't remember nearly as much of the show as those of us who had memorized virtually every line and I think he was a bit amused or perhaps perplexed that so many people were interested in a 30-year old BBC comedy. Nonetheless, it was a magical night and one I will likely never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment